Frequently asked questions

Frequently asked questions

The questions below are the ones we are asked most frequently. If you can't find the answer you are looking for, please contact us and one of our advisers will be happy to help.

You are required by law to have Employers' Liability insurance for people whom you employ under a contract of service or apprenticeship. Whether you need Employers' Liability insurance for someone who works for you depends on the terms of your contract with them. This contract can be spoken, written or implied. It does not matter whether you usually call someone an employee or self-employed or what their tax status is. Whether you choose to call your contract a contract of employment or a contract for services is largely irrelevant. What matters is the real nature of your relationship with the people who work for you and the nature and degree of control that you have over the work they do. The following paragraphs may help give you some indication of whether or not a person is an employee under the Employers' Liability (Compulsory Insurance) Act. However, it is for you to satisfy yourself of the status of the persons working for you and if you have any doubts, you should seek legal advice. You may need Employers' Liability insurance for someone who works for you where: you deduct national insurance and income tax from the money you pay them; you have the right to control where and when they work and how they do it; you supply their work materials and equipment; you have a right to any profit your workers make although you may choose to share this with them through commission, performance pay or shares; you require that person only to deliver the service and they cannot employ a substitute if they are unable to do the work; or they are treated in the same way as other employees, for example, they do the same work under the same conditions as someone else you employ
Yes, but keep in mind that the policy does not allow for a refund, in the event that it is cancelled or amended prior to the expiry date.
Yes, of course. Just contact us and we will be happy to assist.
We accept Visa and MasterCard payments; just enter your details in the final step.
These can be found on the policy details page here. You will also receive a copy via email should you elect to proceed with your quotation.
Although this is not a specific requirement of our insurance policy, it is highly recommended that you have one in place.
Although this is not a specific requirement of our insurance policy, it is highly recommended that you carry these out.
You can;
Yes you can increase it up to £10,000,000, just contact us and we will arrange for the amendment to be made.
You can print a "To Whom It May Concern" letter once you login to the account section.
Civil liability insurance, which is included as standard, is a wider version of public liability insurance and will be more than acceptable to the local authority.
As long as your failure to do so was not deliberate or malicious, the policy will cover you (subject to all of the other Terms and Conditions of the cover).
Subject to the terms of the policy, cover is provided for the legal costs incurred due to investigation by HMRC.
Yes. The policy provides cover for a company or Individual and their employees only; it cannot cover more than one entity.
Yes. You are still exposed to the same risks as a full time teacher.
No. Our policy covers instructors who are domiciled and work in the UK only.

- Get A Quote -

Premium £53.30
Insurance Premium Tax @ 6% £3.30
Administration Fee £1.50
Total Payable (per year) £63.30

Speak to an adviser

01959 560495 Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm

- News -

Latest Stories